American Speechsounds Professional Version is designed for organizations and individuals who depend on clear, understandable speech–between employees, with supervisors, customers, friends. Start with listening and advance to recording progressively more difficult content. Our clients using American Speechsounds Professional include:
- Colleges and universities
- Adult education centers
- Trainers and teachers
- Individual professionals
Our Professional Version includes an Authoring function that allows you to easily and quickly create totally customized exercises: professional terms, names, places, jargon, slang, and dialogs — anything you need.
This comprehensive software covers all the challenging areas of spoken English: consonant sounds, vowel sounds, stress, intonation, linking, word endings, casual speech, and more!
Scored listening exercises teach monitoring and recommend when to go on to recording. Record progressively more difficult content: words, phrases, and sentences–even speeches.
Practice independently, progress at your own pace.
Features of American Speechsounds Professional Version
- Includes 8000+ American English commonly used words and expressions
- Guides users from 38 language backgrounds: Chinese speakers, Hindi speakers, etc.
- Offers video clips, oral diagrams, instructions, explanations of common problems, and spelling examples for every sound.
- Presents Endings, Intonation, Linking, Shortcuts, Stress exercises
- Displays the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols or American Speechsounds phonetic symbols
- Color codes vowel sounds
- Contains a Locator to help you find every word in the program
- Includes 175-page downloadable workbook plus Language-Based Directory and Locator AND rights to reproduce it for student use