Our clients using American Speechsounds for Healthcare Professionals include:
- Nursing, medical, and allied healthcare programs
- Healthcare professionals
- Re-entry Centers
Our version for Healthcare Professionals includes an Authoring function that allows you to quickly and easily create totally customized exercises to meet your professional and personal needs: medications, test-taking terms, dialogs — anything you want.
This comprehensive software covers all the challenging areas of spoken medical English: consonant sounds, vowel sounds, stress, intonation, linking, word endings, technical terms, and more!
Scored listening exercises teach monitoring and recommend when to go on to recording. Record progressively more difficult content: words, phrases, and sentences–even speeches.
Practice independently, progress at your own pace.
Features of American Speechsounds for Healthcare Professionals
- Includes 3500+ words and expressions in medicine and healthcare
- Guides users from 38 language backgrounds: Chinese speakers, Hindi speakers, etc.
- Offers video clips, oral diagrams, instructions, explanations of common problems, and spelling examples for every sound.
- Presents Endings, Intonation, Linking, Shortcuts, Stress exercises
- Displays the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols or American Speechsounds phonetic symbols
- Color codes vowel sounds
- Contains a Locator to help you find every word in the program
- Includes 166-page downloadable workbook plus Language-Based Directory and Locator; rights to reproduce the workbook for student use comes with the purchase of multiple programs